First Aid Precautions
FIRST AID PRECAUTIONS
- Wash hands after using.
- If Waterborne KolorBond comes into contact with eyes, flush thoroughly with clean water. If irritation persists, seek medical attention.
- Do not take internally. If ingested, seek medical attention immediately.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
On-Site Surface Treatment of uPVC
- Make sure the area to be treated with Waterborne KolorBond is safe for other people while the refurbishment work is done.
- The supervisor is to make sure all customers’ profiles and KolorBond paperwork/guarantees are in order.
- Set up working area by protecting with plastic sheeting the affected area. Examples are garden plants and shrubs near the discolored door/window/cladding, pavements, and driveways. Remove vehicles to a safe distance.
- Remove gaskets, if possible. If not, mask with fine masking tape. Mask other non-affected areas with tape and masking paper. These areas are glass, handles, brickwork, hinges, etc.
- All excess mastics and silicone sealants that are evident on the faces of any discoloured uPVC section should be completely removed prior to spraying. Silicone joints between two pieces of uPVC should be partially removed and replaced after spraying.
- All opening vents and doors are treated into the reveal. These are slightly opened and sealed around to prevent ingress of KolorBond.
- Some areas may need scaffolding, aluminum towers or ladders. These are to be erected by a reputable company and qualified staff as designated by the applicable construction regulations.
- Clean the discolored uPVC plastic with Vinylkleen diluted with water using the ratio of 1 part Vinylkleen to 2 parts water. The surface of the uPVC plastic should be air-dried and wiped over with a lint free cloth. All direct and grease contaminants are to be removed at this stage.
- Wipe the dried uPVC plastic with Vinylprep. The surface of the uPVC plastic should be wiped again with absorbent, lint free cloth before evaporation takes place.
- Wipe over once again with a tack rag to remove any dust deposits.
- Mix well and stir thoroughly the KolorBond material before use.
- Apply KolorBond by conventional spray techniques. Debilviss spray gun and SIP 9CFM Petrol Compressor will also be required. Use personal protection comprised of a 3M charcoal filter respirator, disposable overalls and gloves. Even though KolorBond contains no isocyanates, cadmium, or lead, LPL will always promote safe working practices.
- First apply a moderate coat to lightly cover the surface of the uPVC plastic, and then cover the edges and surface protrusions. This coat is essential. Allow a flash off time of at least ten minutes.
- Apply a second moderate coat. This may be done in a number of passes, depending on the spray gun positioning and the physical job setup. Care should be taken not to allow runs to form. It is essential that several even coats be applied rather than one heavy coat. The final total dry film thickness should be 50 microns While still wet, the wet thickness should be 118 microns
- Leave to dry approximately 20 minutes or until dry to touch. De-mask and leave in a clean, tidy condition.
- Check all the work with the customer and leave a signed copy of the guarantee with them.
- An adhesion test is to be undertaken on each individual unit sprayed and recorded on the record sheet along with the weather conditions.